Friday, November 16, 2007

Why do short weeks seem like long ones?

I only worked three days this week, but I swear I'm so tired tonight... Next week is another three day work week due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. Today they were putting up Christmas trees at work. Oy!

Right now I have four or five pages completed on my follow up to A Purrfect Love. This weekend I guess I need to buckle down. :) Hey, it's only a short story and I have a brief outline in mind, which is saying something for this pantser...

One thing I learned about editing this past weekend was that:

1. Once you write 'The End" let it sit and simmer. That way you have a fresh perspective on your story--and your writing.

2. No matter how many times you edit your WIP, it will need editing again and again. But, don't over edit. Sometimes it's better to just let it go. As much as we all want to be perfect, we can make a mishmash out of a perfectly good story.

3. One thing I was doing last weekend was looking at my WIP to see if looked close enough to a published book. Not the story, but the editing/grammar/usage.


Finally, make sure you watch for duh..spelling errors. Don't rely on spellcheck and for gosh sake, be sure to have a dictionary handy. :D Mine is actually a combination Dictionary/Thesaurus. Comes in handy, indeed!


Now, for something fun... I'm giving away 2008 magnet calendars (fridge size) to anyone who wants one and lives in the US or Canada. Just email me at patti@pattifischer.com and put "Calendar" in the header with your name and mailing address in the body of the email. I'll get one out to you! (while supplies last)

Here is what the calendar looks like:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer Y. said...

That is a pretty calendar!!!