Monday, January 15, 2007

Helloooooooooooo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Hey, I just realized I hadn't updated my blog since Dec 30th. Me bad.

Been busy lately it seems. Writing, reading and just all around busy busy. I got results back from two contests lately and no finals. One even was critical of my writing. That was a downer for me. :(
I had to make a decision on my part -- did I want to continue full steam ahead or put it all on the back burner?

I decided to hone my craft. I know my goal is to submit, but am I ready, or do I have a piece of crap? I could just submit and get my Pro status, but is that fair to the editor if it really isn't the best work? I don't know. I will have to think about it...

Planning on taking a paranormal class next month. It sounds like a good class for me, since I have one or two paranormal-type stories in my head.

Got-to-act-upon-these-ideas-in-my-head.

I will try and update this blog again in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patti,
I so feel your pain right now. A very similar thing happened to me this past week and really shook me to the core. Had to ask myself why I was writing. I came to the realization that I write for me--it's my escape. Plus, I really want to be able to give my readers something. Pure entertainment. If I can change the word one giggle at a time, that works for me.

And I took a couple days off to refresh.

Maybe you need to step back, or maybe you have to plunge ahead and spew your writerly guts all over the blank screen. You may use the words or not, but give yourself permission to do whatever you need to. Whatever you do, don't let it knock you down too long! The paranormal class sounds fun. It's one of my favorite genres to read. Please share how that goes for you. I doubt seriously that I will ever write paranormal (my imagination's way too small), but I am curious to hear about what you learn. Chin up, Lady!