Saturday, December 30, 2006

Back Story

One of the enlightening things I’ve learned in the past few months is that you don’t want to bog down your story with too much back story. Okay, you want your readers to know what happened, but what’s the point of telling them this right off the bat??? Weave it into the natural flow of the story.

Sometimes that is better said than done. I’m one of the worst offenders in that. I will start penning a story and before I know it, I’m telling too much back story. Argggghhh!!! Bad me. I usually then end up tossing it out and it ends up cutting out part of my first chapter.

But the good thing is that it makes me a better writer in that I learn from my mistakes. Right now I’m working on a story that I keep tossing out back story, but then I have to tell myself…STOP! LOL!

Ah, just another day in the life of writing ;-)


By the way....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

My goal is to submit for 2007. Big step, but I'm ready.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: