Saturday, October 07, 2006

Totally Fantastic News!

If you remember, back in August I got notified that I'd finaled in the SFA-RWA's Heart to Heart contest.
Well....Friday I got the results back. I placed second in the Short Contemporary category. Can you picture me jumping up and down? I also got good comments from the final judge, Wanda Otewell from Harlequin. She said...
Overall, this scene sets up a nice attraction that promises to be fun with a touch of wickednessĂ‚…of the best kind.

And with this news, I started making changes to DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART. It's such a tough sell, I may end up trying for the ebook market, where they can pretty much take any word count and a variety of stories. In my heart, I know I have a good story and could spend a lifetime trying to sell it, but I need to be realistic and go where it has the better chance of selling.
That way, I can concentrate on more marketable stories, like OBSESSION.

No comments: