Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Of Cats and Writers


When I mention at times that my cats prevented me from writing for a while, I sometimes get those "oh, sure" comments. I happen to have two lively animals, especially one feral born cat. Like tonight. here I am, sitting at the computer and Holly comes along and lays down next to me. Next thing I know, she's pushing the printer with her feet. Argh! Stop it Holly!

Of course, that is actually mild for some of what she does. This morning I tried to read the newspaper and Holly proceeded to tear off pieces of it. While I'm reading it! Winter is almost as bad. She'll start climbing on top of stuff and the next thing I know, she's about to knock something expensive or sentimental down to the floor.

Now, you might ask, what does this have to do with writing? Well, we have so many distractions going on sometimes, you have to figure out ways to work around it. In my case, I write either away from home or pick a time the cats are sleeping.

Hard to believe such lovable, innocent creatures can be a nuisance. :)

No comments: