Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Writing Progress and Distractions


After writing nothing over the weekend, I've managed to write a few pages the past couple of days. Not a lot, but moving forward is better than no pages at all. What happened with the weekend? It just got funky busy. I had my nails done and got a pedicure. But then I got into the cleaning mode and also bought a new shelf (which I had to put together) and before I knew it, it was Sunday evening. Did have a plotting chat with a friend of mine who's stuck in her manuscript after contest feedback. We had a nice chat that was dominated by discussing our craft. I would love to get a weekly writing chat going where anyone who needs to run writing stuff by can do so.

Another thing that distracted me was a book I was reading. I got swept away by SWEPT AWAY by Toni Blake. Omigod! I loved it and could not put it down. I guess I like stories where they not only once knew each other, but they end up stranded together. If you don't have this one, then please go out and pick it up.

1 comment:

Carrie Alexander said...

I'm one of those people who gets easily distracted. If I don't start writing first thing in the morning, the entire day may be a loss because I'll find one thing after the other to do instead (including e-mailing and blogging, heehee). The hardest part for me can be sitting down at the computer and opening the first page of the WIP. Once I get going, I'm okay.

SWEPT AWAY looks really good. I'm picking it up next time I shop.

P.S. Don't stop writing!