Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday Happenings


Update on writing. Now have 52,000 words. Actually have written quite a bit today. I guess having a stated goal (finish by end of September) is putting a bit of fire under me. :)

I also worked on Chapter One the other night to get it ready to enter a contest. Dropped it in the mail this morning. Contests can be scary, but since the first one literally had me shaking while I prepared it, now it's more 'get the packet together and mail it off.'
Not that I'm not nervous, but it's like driving a car--it gets easier and better.

I'm hyped on my writing now. I guess I'm getting the energy and drive back. I feel like a klutz, dimwit, or smaltz when it comes to writing, but I can also watch myself get better at it.

Maybe I will get published.

Oh, on a side note, this is Holly's birthday weekend. She's now two.

Happy Birthday Holly!!!!

1 comment:

Carrie Alexander said...

Holly is TWO!!! Seems like it was just yesterday when you were naming her. What a cutie.